According to a report from the Associated Press, over 700 Iranians have put an end to their lives when using toxic methanol to prevent the Coronavirus. Kianoush Jahanpour, a spokesman of Iran Ministry of Health, revealed that more than 5,000 people have got poisoned from methanol alcohol since February 20 and 525 people have lost their lives.

Iranians Died Methanol Coronavirus
Methanol is entirely useless in the treatment of the Coronavirus.

The findings point out that the number of alcohol poisoning cases this year has become 10 times as high as that in 2019. The Iranian government revealed this figure in early April. According to the report, there were 728 deaths relating to alcohol poisoning from February 20 to April 07. That means, there were only 66 deaths due to alcohol poisoning last year.

The official number, in fact, is lower than the figure of more than 700 deaths. According to an adviser to the ministry, Hossein Hassanian, about 200 people who died from poisonings didn’t come to hospitals to get the treatment in time.

In terms of methanol, this substance can’t be detected by tasting or smelling. That’s why the government in Iran has required the product to be added artificial color as a method that helps people differentiate methanol from ethanol – a substance that is used in wound treatment. Some symptoms patients can suffer from due to methanol include nausea, chest pain, blindness, coma, and hyperventilation.

Us President Coronavirus
Donald Trump has recently made a false statement relating to the COVID-19.

Kianoush Jahanpour unveiled about 90 people or more can’t see as normal or become blind because of alcohol poisoning.

A few days ago, Mr. President of the US Donald Trump made a false statement that injecting disinfectants could help treat the Coronavirus. Health officials immediately told the public that it wasn’t true.

In a recent press conference, Donald Trump said,

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that."

Lots of experts, as well as companies who provide disinfectant products, have given a warning that it can be dangerous to ingest such substances and they are useless in struggling against the Coronavirus.

Although people in the US don’t seem to ingest disinfectant as their president suggests, about 100 people or even more made lots of calls to the Coronavirus hotline in Maryland to get more information about what Trump said.