Genshin Impact 2.5 is going to end very soon, with players getting very excited for the upcoming launch of 2.6. Kamisato Ayato is going to be the main character of this update, featured as part of the first banners alongside Venti. He is a 5 star Hydro Sword user and the brother of Ayaka.
In this article, Gurugamer is going to showcase a complete guide for Genshin Impact Ayato, including his skills, gameplay and upgrade materials.
Table of Contents
1. Genshin Impact Ayato Profile & Appearance
Ayato is a 5* Hydro Sword character, and his birthday is on March 26th. He is the current head of the Kamisato Clan and serves as the Yashiro Commissioner.
Appearance-wise, he is a tall young man with long pale blue asymmetrical shoulder-length hair, pale skin and light purple eyes. His attire consists of a white collared coat with long flowing sleeves, worn over a light purple kimono alongside black and golden armor.
2. Genshin Impact Ayato Abilities & Gameplay
Kamisato Ayato's Ascension Stat is Crit DMG, and can be raised up to +88.4% Crit DMG at Level 90. Overall, Ayato is a powerful damage dealer that focuses on Hydro-infused normal attacks.
Normal Attack: Kamisato Art – Morobashi
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to dash forward and perform a single powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Kamisato Art: Kyouka
Kamisato Ayato shifts positions and enters the Takimeguri Kanka state.
After the shift, Ayato will leave a water illusion at his original location. Ayato’s watery illusion taunts enemies and is set to explode if enough time has elapsed or if it receives damage, dealing AoE Hydro DMG.
While Ayato is in the Takimeguri Kanka state, damage from his normal attacks switches from physical damage to AoE Hydro damage. Whenever Ayato lands a blow to an enemy in this state, he gains a Wash Flash stack, increasing his damage based on his maximum health points and interruption resistance. Wave Flash stacks up to four times - players can gain a stack every 0.1 seconds.
Ayato is unable to perform charged or plunging attacks while in the Takimeguri Kanka state. Players can decrease the cooldown of Kyouka by attacking enemies with your party members specifically using normal attacks.
Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art: Suiyuu
While this space exists, Bloomwater Blades will constantly rain down and attack opponents within its AoE, dealing Hydro DMG and increasing the ATK SPD of characters within.
3. Ayato Passives Talents
Ayato's 2nd passive is probably the best one, as it gives him free Wave Flash stacks immediately.
- Kamisato Art: Daily Cooking - When Ayato cooks a dish perfectly, there’s an 18% chance that he receives an additional ‘suspicious’ dish of the same variety
- Kamisato Art: Kiyotaki Jouhou - Ayato gains 2 Wave Flash stacks after using his skill. Furthermore, if Ayato's water illusion gets destroyed by damage, he gains the maximum number of stacks possible.
- Kamisato Art: Katsusui Senkoku - If Kamisato Ayato is not on the field and his Energy is less than 40, he will regenerate 2 Energy for himself every second.
4. Ayato Constellations
The first 2 constellations of Ayato are probably the best. C1 gives Ayato a massive damage boost against enemies with lower than 50%, allowing him to dish out some serious damage after the initial burst from the team.
C2, on the other hand, greatly increases Ayato's HP pool. This leads to an increase in damage, as Ayato's ability deals damage based on his max HP.
- Kyouka Fushi – Shunsuiken damage is increased by 40% against enemies with less than 50% health
- World Source – Wave Flash’s maximum stack count is increased to five. When Ayato has at least three Wave Flash stacks, his maximum health is increased by 50%
- Gensui Ichiro – Increase the level of Kamisato Art: Suiyuu by three. Maximum upgrade level raises to 15.
- Endless Flow – After using Kamisato Art: Suiyuu, all nearby party members will have 15% increased Normal Attack SPD for 15s.
- To Admire the Flowers – Increases the level of Kamisato Art: Kyouka by three. Maximum upgrade level raises to 15.
- Boundless Origin – After using Kamisato Art: Kyouka, Ayato’s next Shunsuiken attack creates two extra Shunsuiken strikes when they hit enemies, each one dealing 300% of Ayato’s overall attack as damage. These attacks are not affected by Wave Flash stacks.
5. Genshin Impact Ayato Materials
To fully raise Kamisato Ayato to Level 90, you will need the following:
- 168 Sakura Blooms
- 1 Varunada Lazurite Sliver
- 9 Varunada Lazurite Fragments
- 9 Varunada Lazurite Chunks
- 6 Varunada Lazurite Gemstones
- 18 Old Handguards
- 30 Kageuchi Handguards
- 36 Famed Handguards
- 46 Dews of Repudiation (dropped by the Hydro Hypostasis)
Each of his battle talents requires the following to be raised to Level 10:
- 3 Teachings of Elegance
- 21 Guides of Elegance
- 38 Philosophies of Elegance
- 6 Old Handguards
- 22 Kageuchi Handguards
- 31 Famed Handguards
- 6 Mudras of the Malefic General (dropped by the Raiden weekly boss)