What will you do if you happened to be one of 5% people left on Earth? If you have no idea about it (and I'm sure you do), Going Medieval will give you some basic experience in that scenario.

Gramophone Games has announced that Going Medieval is going to release on Steam Early Access somewhere in 2020. If you're wondering about the game's story, let's watch this trailer below and keep reading for clarification:

A disaster has caused humans 'going medieval'

The game took the settings of a historical world. Back in 1346, a devastating calamity called the "Black Death" has sent the human's world to doom. As a result, by the end of the 14th century, the Earth only remains 5% of its popularity. The other 95% has fallen from various causes: disease, starvation, and most importantly, religious oppression.

The world saw a lot of crusades that primed themselves on the behalf of the divine. Specifically, they have tried to wash out the lands and massacre the ordinary people that they charged with causing humans' dawn. Consequently, plenty of major cities were pulled to the ground. and the other people are frightened of those crusades.

Going Medieval Steam Early Access 6
Suddenly, humans have gone back to the medieval eras.

You'll take control of the group of survivors that are trying to rebuild the civilization from the ashes. To avoid the crusades, they've moved into the hands of nature. In there, they'll begin their new lives, and you'll have to guide them and protect them from the dangers lurking out there!

Gameplay overview

The game starts with a small group of people in a simple wooden shack. And since they're struggling even on daily demands, you'll have to guide them to collect all the necessary items like foods, water, and building materials.

Going Medieval Steam Early Access 1
Gather foods either by hunting or planting

The people are not obeying machines. They have their happiness level, too, and their mood will affect their productivity. Luckily, they're pretty easy to satisfy. Having enough foods and sleep, living comfortably and feeling safety is all they need to be happy.

Going Medieval Steam Early Access 5
No one wants to work outside on a rainy days

When stocking enough for daily lives, you'll start to build the constructions with your material. Keep on building, and there will be a day the people 'll have a massive sprawling stone castle.  And since you have enough places for more people, you can increase your populace by helping struggling survivors outside your land.

Going Medieval Steam Early Access 2
Build more spaces to get more people

Furthermore, every person in your territory is capable of doing different jobs. So you'll take on the job of a good manager, and give them the most suitable roles for them.

Last but not least, the crusaders are looking for your people, and they are absolutely not friendly. To defend your territory, you'll have to plan carefully on building your defense lines by putting archers and traps strategically.

Going Medieval Steam Early Access 4
You can't avoid them forever

Release date

We don't know when exactly when the game is officially coming out yet, but it will come to Steam Early Access at some point in 2020.

And if you don't want to miss out this title, add it to your wishlist to get notified when the game comes out.