The fastest way to start out in Minecraft is to build a number of farms to get the exp and resources needed for expansion. However, not all farms are easy to build - some require a number of resources that can't be found early on. In this article, Gurugamer is going to showcase the top 5 easiest farms to build in Minecraft 1.18.2.

1. Crop farms

Crop farming allows players to plant any of several vegetables and other crops on farmland, which then grows over time and can be harvested for food.

Growing Wheat Farm
A growing wheat farm

Each crop requires a seed for planting, and after the first few, you eventually would have enough seeds to fill the whole plot of farmland. Wheat is the easiest to farm, as its seeds can be collected from destroying grass blocks. Beetroots, carrots and potatoes use the same mechanics.

A basic repeatable farm plot consists of a 9×9 square of farmland with the center square dug out and filled with a water source block. This gives 80 blocks of farmland which can be fenced with 40 pieces of fence including gates and is the most efficient arrangement for simple farms.

2. Iron farm

Iron is probably the most wanted resource for new players. It is the main material to craft tools and other valuable items. Creating an Iron Golem farm is the best way to get an unlimited and renewable source of iron.

Iron Golem
Iron Golems are actually a good source for unlimited iron.

Usually, an iron golem farm is a player-constructed village in which golems are spawned and then either killed immediately or moved to a holding cell outside the village boundary for later killing.

3. Mob spawner XP farm

A spawner is a cage-like block that can spawn mobs. This is the easiest and most straightforward way to create a farm in Minecraft.

Spider Spawner
A spider spawner

Dungeons usually generate with either a zombie (50% chance), skeleton (25% chance), or spider (25% chance) spawner. Players can build a farm around that spawner to farm zombies, spiders, or skeletons. The simplest farms involve funneling the mobs into a hole with flowing water.

4. Sugarcane farm

Sugar cane is a valuable plant for crafting rockets, making books for bookshelves, maps, and trading paper. However, farming sugarcane is actually pretty tricky, as they can only be planted on grass, dirt, podzol, and sand blocks. Furthermore, the block must be directly adjacent to water and not merely above or diagonal as with crops.

An average sugarcane farm

If players are lazy, just placing the sugarcane next to the river would be sufficient.

5. Meat farm

Any 2 animals can breed and create new ones in time. To create a meat farm, just round up at least two animals of the same kind into a pen. Fences are nice, but you can also dig a hole 2 blocks deep so that the animals cannot jump out, and you want the hole to be plenty wide.

Cow Farm
Meat farm using cows.

Let them breed until you have a reasonable number. Kill some of them, and get resources. Do not kill all of them, as it will be harder to breed animals again.

>>> Read more: What Are The Most Annoying Mobs In Minecraft 1.18?