Battlegrounds Mobile India, the Indian version of PUBG Mobile, has regained its popularity ever since its revival in India this July. However, with the introduction of a new server, BGMI's number of cheaters has greatly increased. Various BGMI YouTubers, content creators, and esports athletes have expressed their annoyance over the issue. This results in Krafton's brand new anti-cheat system - they will now issue a device ban to all cheaters.
In this article, we are going to showcase everything you need to know about the device ban and how to avoid it.
1. When is the device ban feature going to be implemented?
The feature would go live today, December 24, 2021. This is the strictest measure possible, as cheaters cannot use the same device to play the game anymore. Cheating has become a huge issue in both the Indian and Global servers, which Krafton's own anti-cheat system cannot catch up with.
Apparently, if the newly applied anti-cheat detects the use of any illegal program on a device, that device would be permanently banned from using BGMI. The community has been waiting for this for a long time - this would drastically reduce the number of cheaters in-game.
Besides this, Krafton has also taken some drastic measures to stop hackers and strengthen its anti-cheat systems:
- Combining enhanced cheat detection and banning mechanism, which can detect cheaters in real-time and punish them appropriately.
- Previously, first-time offenders were handed temporary bans but now they will all be receiving permanent bans.
- Youtube channels promoting BGMI hacks/illegal programs will be blocked.
- Hacks amongst high-ranking users will be taken very seriously.
2. How to unban your phone by changing IMEI?
Usually, all device bans are based on the IMEI number of your phone, which is a hardware feature that cannot be changed normally. However, it is possible to change it if your Android mobile is rooted and the Xposed framework is installed on your device. Overall, this is a pretty long and complicated process - that's why the device ban is such severe action.
- Firstly, you need to Root your device.
- Afterward, download and install the Xposed framework. Take note that this is an experimental system that might brick your device.
- Download the IMEI Changer app on the Google Play Store. This is an Xposed Module and requires the framework to work.
- Follow the steps to change your IMEI, afterward, you should be able to play the game again.
3. How to hack BGMI without getting banned?
If you can't buy a new phone, just create your own virtual phone instead. You can just play BGMI using an Emulator and cheat... and if your account gets banned, just scrap the instance of the emulator and generate a new one, with a new IMEI number. You can also change the IMEI number on the Emulator.
>>> Read more: 4 Reasons Why Krafton Needs To Bring BGMI Lite Back To India